Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today

Last night Kyle's mom and I went to see him. She hadn't seen him yet and was in complete shock. I had, I knew he was doing better. He didn't accuse me of anything,didn't allude to never seeing me again. He still was crying, although that stopped when we all sat and talked.

He had freaked out on the phone with his dad, somehow thinking that we wouldn't go and see him last night. He reassured him that we were in the parking lot.Once we were there, he calmed down greatly. Apparently he had been given the Zyprexa again, but I didn't see the transition that I had seen the first night.

I did see more, although slight improvement though, and that gives me hope and strength. Those two emotions are going to get me through the next bit of time, that and the strong support system that we have. We are going to try to set up a care conference today. I think that the staff could gain a lot of insight from us.

2 comments:

  1. Small steps evntually cover great ground, remember that. And most importantly, take care of yourself so you can continue to be strong. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am. I'm averaging about 6 hours of sleep a night now, which is more than I was getting before I took him there. I just need to remember to eat, and the stupid cough drops I keep having to scarf are confusing my tummy.

    ReplyDelete