Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finally over

Oh, thank God. One of the worst clinical rotations I had is finally over. I will have to go back for a makeup day...Didn't want to kill a patient in the midst of all that went on last week, but for the most part, it's done. I have to say, taking care of old people really does nothing for me. I would be more of the type to go volunteer to sit with them and talk, but for some reason, I don't find this type of nursing appealing. I want to be with people at the beginning of life. When they come out with that blank slate. I like the thought that I could be on the receiving end of someone that could cure cancer, or become a star quarterback. No, most of them won't be the type, but hey, you never know. There is so much hope in the eyes of an infant. So much they could learn and do. I want to be there to welcome them into the world, not usher people out of it. Don't get me wrong, I have a great respect for nurses on the other end of the spectrum. I just think I'd rather be there at the beginning than at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment