For those of you who don't know, I'm a member of the SCA. I dress up in renaissance garb, hang out with friends, and watch my husband gear up in armor and fight his ass off.
Rather than spend exorbitant prices for my dresses, and my hubby's clothes, I've decided to sew my own garb. It has been an interesting road, one filled with beer (before I was pregnant), lots of F-bombs, and many hours of ripping out seams. It's also been fun. I've found something that I seem to have a natural talent for, and every time I make something new, I see a bit of improvement. I found the last set of dresses I made here. These internet patterns were fairly easy to read and easy to assemble. I have found a couple of things that I will change when I make the apron dress again. The underdress took me two tries, as the given measurements didn't compensate for my boobs. Luckily, it was so easy that it only took me a couple of hours to whip out after getting better fabric yesterday. Here is a pic of the two unfinished products.
I have since added straps to the outer dress, done both necklines, and hemmed both. I surprisingly got a lot accomplished today despite a case of the screaming shits that knocked me flat on my ass for a few hours.