Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Delayed Thanksgiving Post

I've never really been a huge fan of Thanksgiving. I think it has something to do with a holiday that revolves around food and a weight problem that I've been fighting since I was 8. This year felt different. This year I eagerly approached the holiday. Maybe it was the prospect of smoked turkey, maybe it was the thought of a snow filled holiday.


Or maybe, just maybe, it was the small bundle growing rapidly in my belly.

Something beautiful to remind me that there is something to be thankful for. I had a blast this weekend. I haven't enjoyed Thanksgiving that much in a long time, maybe ever. We were surrounded by friends and family,

pets,

and kids.

It was a house full of love and laughter, and now, I can't wait until next year. On a side note, I ate enough to feed 6 cows and only gained one pound.

2 comments:

  1. found your blog as I traveled through blogger. I would love to be follower number 2.
    =)
    http://adrianairis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I followed yours too. Your most recent post hit my soft spot.

    ReplyDelete